Sunday, January 8, 2017

Homemade Vegan Goldfish Crackers

Just wanted to share my own take on this wonderful recipe. So I didn't use Vegan butter, but I used coconut oil, I wouldn't mind making the vegan version but I'm not even sure our local stores have vegan butter haha...

Here is the recipe, and here's Chloe's link to her awesome pro-vegan and vegetarian website:

http://chefchloe.com/recipes/on-the-side/vegan-goldfish-crackers.html

Ingredients
  1. 1 cup whole wheat flour, plus extra for dusting work surface.
  2. 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast.
  3. 1/4 teaspoon onion powder.
  4. 1/8 teaspoon turmeric.
  5. 1 teaspoon sea salt.
  6. 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper.
  7. 5 tablespoons vegan butter.
  8. 4 tablespoons cold water.

Preheat oven to 375 F and bake about 12 to 15 minutes

So I added some extra seasonings to mine but that was just a personal preference, I added a little cayenne. haha I'm a spicy freak! But everyone I had try them loved them and one of my friends came over and her and her boyfriend loved them. Went well with Chili soup. Also I didn't have time to order or create a goldfisher cutter, so I used a dolphin and butterfly. I found with my dough that if it dried out as I was rolling it or dusting with flour, I just added some of the cold water and sort of re-kneaded it in to soften it up some then rolled it out again.

I loved Chloe's website and her take on these crackers, because I used to eat so many goldfish crackers a couple years ago for snacks and I knew they weren't that great for you, but I loved them, of course since then I've been wanting to do something healthier and I just really love these!!

I want to try my own pretzels soon to, the crunchy ones, not the soft ones....


No comments:

Post a Comment