Sunday, January 1, 2017

Hello wide world or great silence that I'm speaking to.
I've been wanting to blog more, and every year so far I don't get to it. I realized just now, looking at my shabby, little, neglected blog that I also only seem to get something done about this situation on December 31st, coming into the new year and I have a burst of energy and write a yearly review and intend to go further from there...
Now in the past, I didn't have this lightweight laptop that I know have. Makes things incredibly easier then usual. and my years have been super busy, since like 2013, when I tried writing and blogging some. Not to get confused, I do write constantly, but it's that I'm writing on my book not on a blog. This year I really do wanna find time for both and all but we shall see. I hope to do better. I am looking at another busy year, I have a steady boyfriend. We've known each other since I was about 5. Right now, we're doing a five hour long distance thing though, we're sometimes I'm there and sometimes he's here for a bit, it can be exhausting and he has no internet service.
I will refer to him as my mountain man, since that's what I call him on a regular basis...other things to balance coming into the new year, 2017, is health, fitness, yoga, family, hopefully some studying/college, and lots of horse and garden work, also camping, and more hunting in the fall of 2017, it sounds like an odd mix of everything and maybe it is but I happen to like the chaos that's my life,
So here's a little review were i just try to be positive about my life. Maybe a photo set to follow...
Laying by the warm wood stove, it's Saturday, my boyfriend is here, and so is my family, all kinda doing their own things at the moment. I trimmed Mountain Man's hair a few minutes ago and he took a shower,.. occasionally there's also the boom of fire words, marking the exit of the year.
Earlier today, I snuggled with mountain man, and felt blessed to be able to do so, we had some fun and got coffee, everyone was up and around kind of earlier. I guess Zach, my brother and his girlfriend and her mum are coming over mid morning and staying for lunch. My dad was trying to get a few things done on my vehicle and it ended up being annoying and tedious work, so mountain man and I went to town at like 9:30 to get them, we also picked up orange danish and cinnamon rolls for tomorrow. the spoiled way we occasionally have sunday morning breakfast.
The last day of this year, was mostly just cozy, although I did have some bad anxiety going on about what to actually do for the eve, drink champagne with fam and boyfriend of course, but I didn't want mountain man to feel like I'm a super boring person, there's so little to do as far as a night on the town, in our small little neighborhood, so I finally talked with him some and I felt so much better because he didn't feel that way at all, he's so relaxed and I'm so blessed to have him. so we did stay in, we ended up going through elk shed storied online, huge antlers people have found. and we had some chips and salsa, everyone else had played a game called catch phrase for hours and hours, and finally they quit, my brother and sister in law came back out around 10:30 and we chatted till midnight, we started drinking some champagne around 11;30 so we could properly enjoy it and we talked about the good times of the last year, mum dosed off, "resting her eyes" and dad was asleep haha then we had a cheer, and "clinked" glasses and BF and I kisssed, I don't felt great to have an actual cozy new year, last year, Abby and I spent New Years together in CO. drinking angry orchid and the year before that I spent with my ex in Florida, ugh not a good memory... so I just wanted to remember how great and calm this new year's eve is, and how blessed we are.

Ok, anyway that's getting of course of some of my review...
So onto things I'm proud of this year (2016):
Saved enough I was able to buy my vehicle.
Learned new yoga routines,
Got out of a unhealthy relationship.
Walked and ran a lot, like always (only this year the running tapered off after I moved back home)
Finally got my passport renewed.
Made 2 actual friends (Bre and Shay) although I moved and don't talk as much anymore, big step for me as I'm not a social person AT ALL.
Went out socially more in general.
Conquered some food fears, especially by traveling and trying some new people's baked food, which I'm afraid of (still not saying I want to do that to often haha)
Got moved and things closed down in Colorado ok.
Almost finished writing a book and did a ton of planning for my other series.
The biggest garden project we've ever taken on was a success, stayed very busy working at that through the summer and made profit, which I was proud of.
Began dating my boyfriend, in September 2016, such a wonderful shock!
More bond fires, which I stuck around for.
Built shelves for my mum in her basement.
Got back on my Arabian horse by myself.
Bought my camping gear.
Overcame many a day of depression and sadness,
Went elk hunting/shed hunting with my boyfriend and dad (beautiful scenery!)
Got to visit a new state, one I hadn't been to.
Wonderful thanksgiving and had a second thanksgiving which I've never done before, with my Mountain Man's family.

There's been stress but just as many happy days I think to balance them out. I worked out a lot this year and tried to stay focused. Of course there was things I didn't accomplish and some of that was because of the boyfriend distraction, which I hadn't anticipated at all...I'm getting things balanced there, finally, so I can include him in my other goals.
Next post will be about some goals of the new year. I'm not so into the strict resolutions thing but you do have to believe and inspire yourself....
Me precisely one year apart. I'm not sure there is a lot of difference, but I don't like the way I looked as much last year...





No comments:

Post a Comment