Sunday, June 18, 2017

Accepting Change

A while back I was worried about future things with my boyfriend. Not worried in an end of the world way, but there's a lot of change that could happen there... when you've always enjoyed being single (for the most part) and use to doing what you want to do, it's difficult to think about these changes or even to accept them. I start to feel caged in, a little squirrely.
But getting some distance and prospective seem to help. I've been away from him for about 5 days and I've been mulling things over. It's simple but we, humans, over complicate things... everything really. If you love someone, they'll accept that you don't want to sit around doing nothing while they're working on their project or you have your own things to do. I worry about him not liking me eventually, when he knows the true me, the me that has a hard time sitting still, except to write on my books or draw and paint. I like to be doing something...
My boyfriend has known me most my life on and off, he's 19 years older then I am. No we don't argue, fight etc. the age difference might seem intense to some, but if you feel like you've found your soul mate it doesn't really matter as much. The thing is even though he'd known my family for like 25 years, there's thing's he doesn't know about me and I'm not good at discussing anything really...very socially inept. Writing is where I get out my feelings, some of them, it's a passion for sure.
Back on point. I decided while back here I've got to look at this differently, view it differently. I've always wanted to do more with school, there's not much for options here where I grew up. But where he is there's both a community college and a university. There's options there to further my education and for sure there's mountainous solitude to finish my book,
The final treat is my boyfriend there of course and I love him enough to do anything really. The more I'm away from him the more I realize just how much. The more my irritations quickly float away.
There's still massive downsides I'm not sure how to overcome, another passion is our garden and I  can't grow one there. Living there also puts me 5 hours from any of my family whom I'm really close to. But we have to trust God, we have to try, I can't let this opportunity pass me by, and hopefully it'll be a blessing. Goals will be achieved out of all this, the spin I out on it is up to me. I've got to make this a good thing, not a bad thing.
So here's to anyone else struggling with decisions and change... it may not be as bad as you think, it may be better.
For me there's still hurtles ahead, things I need to talk to my boyfriend about, that I have a hard time bringing up, one such thing being I don't want to live in an unfurnished house another 10 years, if we were to move in together I'm not sure his place even has enough room for me....
The spin is I'm at least trying to view this situations differently, in a brighter light, in God's light, that I hope he's shining and guiding me with....
Future posts may consist of job hunting, puppy searching!! Going to Florida for  a week with my little sister (maybe) oh so much gardening and baking for farmer's market...
IT IS GOING TO BE A BLESSED SUMMER 2017~

No comments:

Post a Comment